Saturday, June 11, 2011

Jackson's Letter dated May 18, 2011

Mom,
I will send you a letter with my thoughts. I don't type fast enough to say everything that I would want to say lol. That's awesome about that girl. Who would have thought you're doing more Missionary work then I am.Yesterday President Hinkcley's son spoke to us.It was like seeeing the prophet all over again. It was really cool and he acted just like the prophet. I taught the first lesson in Russian last Wednesday.It  went really well, but I had a lot of help if you know what I mean.It was so cool to experience that. I think I feel more comfortable teaching in Russian than English. It sounds like school is pretty busy, but I guess that will make the time go by fast for you. Things here are the same, we eat, go to class and eat. I will be able to call you when I fly out,  so I guess that makes up for missing Mother's Day. I feel like I've learned so much in only six weeks. I've learned  a lot about my weaknesses and things I can improve. I love learning all this new stuff and all the study time we get. I've  read the Book of Mormon,The New Testament, Jesus The Christ and now I'm working on the Old Testament.I  don't know if you heard or got a bill, but on Thursday while walking to the gym I walked into a pole and hit my head. They couldn't get the bleeding to stop, so I got to leve the MTC and go to the instacare. I ended up getting two stitches by my eyebrow. It was pretty hilarious and I have been teased a bunch for it. It was weird being oustide in the world. We saw people and they even had a TV. I caught myself watching it a couple of times(it was Nick Jr, so don't worry) then I remembered I can't watch TV anymore. We were there for a really long time and we didn't get picked up until 10:40 at night. We were there for about four hours. It is definitely something I will never forget. Other than that, things are great. I fly out on June 21, so I am a little more than half way done. I am really excited to get out of here. I hope you guys have a good week and I miss you! Love you!

Love ,

Elder Jewkes

No comments:

Post a Comment